[Asterisk-Users] Video conference apps/appliances?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Thu Aug 28 15:43:00 MST 2003

So, I keep seeing references in the codebase to "video conference"
uses for Asterisk.  However, I am unaware of what end devices are
currently supported by Asterisk.

Searching through the archives for the term "video", I see a few
other people have asked the same question, with no real reply.
Nobody, it seems, has actually tested any video phones on Asterisk
other than perhaps the folks at Digium.  If I am mistaken in this
assertion, please reply to this note with a URL for the equipment or
software you're using that is commercially available.

Messenger XP?  Anyone have instructions? (sorry, I don't have Windows
at my location, so I can't test.)

The 8x8 DV325 phone?  There is no price or "buy this now" button on
their site, which points me towards the trail of vaporware.

Others?

JT