[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk stops responding

Andres andres at telesip.net
Thu Aug 28 11:09:33 MST 2003

Hi,

We have experienced the exact same problem.  Pure SIP environment and yes...we
store CDRs in MySQL.  Version is:  CVS-08/22/03

Gazing at the console I was able to determine the exact time Asterisk froze.
Even with DEBGUG on it did not show anything important.   The moment it
freezes is when a call from Phone1 tries to connect to a SIP Provider like
Iconnect:

Phone1----Our SIP Server-------Our Asterisk--------SIP Provider

It was by no means 100% reproducible.  Maybe 1 out of 10 calls caused the
trouble.  A bad symptom would be that the command "show sip channels"  would
show several calls, even though they had hungup a long time ago.
Troubleshooting revealed that the BYE message was not being sent by our SIP
Server to the Asterisk server upon hangup.  We rectified this and we no
longer see those phantom SIP Channels and Aterisk has not froze for about a
week.

Regards,
Andres
http://www.telesip.net