[Asterisk-Users] SIP and ECHO

Don Pobanz dpobanz at hastingsutilities.com
Thu Aug 28 09:04:38 MST 2003

Ever since updating through cvs I have also noticed echo on the pstn
lines using a fxo channel bank. I had no echo prior to the cvs update.
I have backed off the gain for the FXO channels also (from 2.0 to 0.0)
and this helped but there is still sometimes (but not all the time) a
very distinct echo. It is like sometimes the echo canceling works and
sometimes it does not.

I am now running asterisk cvs-08/26/03-14:04:16. I also did a cvs
update for Zaptel and libpri on August 26th since * would not compile
without it. Previously I was running the cvs version that I downloaded
on April 16, 2003.

I am not using a sip phone but an ADSI analog set so it appears that
this is not sip related.

If someone could verify this, a bug could be filed in bugtracker.

Don Pobanz