[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk stops responding

David Harris davidh at webunited.net
Thu Aug 28 09:08:41 MST 2003

Anyone have any thoughts on why versions of asterisk I try (4 so far)
after CVS-07/18/03 always end up locking up on me... which means no sip
clients can register/re-register and if I type "reload" or "stop now" at
the cli it just returns and does nothing.

I have experienced this same issue on three separate boxes.  Two running
RedHat 9 and one running Redhat 8.

I don't have any digium cards installed.  I use SIP only.  I use cisco
IP phones and cisco sip voice gateways.  I have experienced the issue
while using ztdummy and zaprtc as well as neither.

The lockup occurs once every 2 hours or so during heavy use, which is
like 50 calls an hour and people checking their voicemail and such.
During off hours like the weekend it usually doesn't even crash at all
even though we do have some call volume. probably like 20 calls all
weekend.

CLI commands such as "sip show peers", "show channels", "show modules",
still return results.

Thanks,

David Harris