[Asterisk-Users] call center - operators not using phone keys

Miguel Bettencourt Dias (Netopia) mbd at netopia.pt
Wed Aug 27 06:22:13 MST 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 18:05, Ernest W. Lessenger wrote:
> At 11:09 AM 8/25/2003 -0500, you wrote:
> > Perhaps some day there will be a client side product/widget/whatever
> > for Asterisk, but right now it doesn't exist, to my knowledge that
> > is.
>
> I believe the Asterisk Manager will do everything Miguel wants. I will
> be giving this a try in the next month or two, so if Miguel is willing
> to wait until then I'll let him know.

Sure,

I'm interested. The setup I'm looking for is.. something like...

Operators should login on their linux desktops, in X11 mode. (as an
example) A tcl/tk application is lauched, giving the operator his work
environment. This application launches a non-gui VoIP client, and will
connect the agent to *, setting the agent as available for inbound calls
and/or ready for outbound calls. If the agent is idle and inbound calls
are available, the application should respond with a welcome screen,
load caller profile information, if available, and start the correct
script for the called queue. If the operator is idle, no inbound calls
waiting and there are available outbound calls, the script should
initiate the outbound call and position the operator in that outbound
script.

During any call, call transfer, put on hold, call pickup, or call
recording should all be controlled by the tcl/tk application. No phone
keypad should be available. After any calls, the operator should be able
to use the same tcl/tk application to put himself not-ready, to perform
any duties, rest, or continue to any next calls.

Everything should happen without the need for multiple logins or having
to press any keys or dial any numbers, besides the user login and maybe
selecting the queues the operator wishes to connect to.

I'm considering a bunch of small pc's, with 1 sound card each or a USB
headset. (searched the web, and really don't know which has a higher
quality) I can look into other equipment if anyone has some other
recommendation.

I used tcl/tk as an example for an application, but a web interface,
even ncurses, perl+tk, ticatk or any rapid development graphical
interface should/could do.

Regards,

Miguel Dias