[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream firmware update DMTF Payload Type

Ian Blenke icblenke at nks.net
Tue Aug 26 08:14:48 MST 2003

marrandy wrote:
> On Monday 25 August 2003 03:37 pm, Ian Blenke wrote:
>>What NTP issue? My 1.0.3.78 phones are NATting out just fine.
>
> Ian, I also had no NTP issues with NAT, but from what I remember when I
> perused the archives back in June/July, there were issues if you changed from
> the default NTP server.
>
> Perhap's that's what they mean.
>
> Elaborations welcomed.
>
> Regards...Martin

The phones came pre-configured with sipphone.com's NTP server.

I've been using our own NTP servers for testing with 1.0.3.78, behind a
linux iptables NATting firewall, with no apparent issues.

I've just verified with ethereal that the NTP packets do indeed hit our
NTP servers, and the reply does set the time correctly on the phone's
display.

Count me as someone who has not experienced this problem. YMMV.

--
- Ian C. Blenke <icblenke at nks.net>
(This message bound by the following: