[Asterisk-Users] Chan_h323 and a Cisco Gateway

Steven Thomas vcsteven at au1.ibm.com
Mon Aug 25 23:55:23 MST 2003

Hi Brian,

Not getting to that stage as yet.  I just want to confirm the contents of
h323.conf - mainly.  Should the Cisco gateway be defined as something like:

[CiscoGW]
type=friend
context=default
host=10.0.0.200

or don't I need to define this here?

Should I then be addressing the gateway as:

exten => 5000,1,Dial(h323/0299556655 at CiscoGW)

??????

Thanks,

Regards,

Steven Thomas

Visit us at http://www.ibm.com/services/au/its

                      Brian West <brian at bkw.org>
                      Sent by:                          To:       asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
                      asterisk-users-admin at lists        cc:
                      .digium.com                       Subject:  Re: [Asterisk-Users] Chan_h323 and a Cisco Gateway

                      26-08-03 04:26 PM
                      Please respond to
                      asterisk-users

Well depends.. what kind of problem are you having?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk701/technologies_tech_note09186a0080093f62.shtml

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk701/technologies_problem_troubleshooting09186a00800c5e33.shtml

Check those... I suspect one of those has nailed ya.

If you have PRI and you try to terminate outbound via chan_h323 you must
have "bearer-cap speech" on your voice-ports.  Because chan_h323 isn't
sending the appropriate bearer cap in the H.225 SETUP message.

Hours of beating head on desk and searching... Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Brian