[Asterisk-Users] Syncronize Monitored Calls

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Mon Aug 25 18:04:16 MST 2003

I expect the "falling out of sync" problems are due to lost packets
in a VoIP stream, or some sort of missed IRQ or something on a Zap
channel.  As noted several times, the muxing of the streams together
is a nasty hack, and should be resolved by re-writing the Monitor
application to handle those types of realtime clock audio outages.

JT

>At 5:32 PM -0500 8/25/03, Brian West wrote:
>True.. thats why I say "usually".. but it does yield more successful
>muxing over just throwing the files together by trying to calc the in and
>out diff.
>
>bkw
>
>On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, David Carr wrote:
>
>>  If I understand the script, your technique first calculates how much longer
>>  OUT is than IN, then trims that amount off the beginning of OUT, then mixes
>>  the files. We're using the older technique of mixing OUT and IN in reverse
>>  (starting from the end). Do you feel this new technique is markedly better
>>  than the old technique?
>>
>>  The reason I ask is that everyone assumes the start times of OUT and IN are
>>  always different and the end times are always the same. However, I have
>>  gotten such mixed sync results from the reverse technique that it leads me
>>  to believe the end times are not always the same. If that is true then the
>>  new technique couldn't be much better than the old one.
>>
>  > Thoughts?

[snip]