[Asterisk-Users] Intercom with Cisco SIP 796x phones?

Ray Burkholder ray at oneunified.net
Mon Aug 25 14:15:01 MST 2003

I read about this intercom stuff on page 62 & 63 of the book "Developing
Cisco IP Phone Services" isbn 1-58705-060-9.  Primary calls take place
on streaming channel 0.  When streaming channel 0 is not in use,
streaming channel 1 can be used for asynchronously streaming (in and
out) stuff like voicemail, email, and, yep the one we want, intercom.
Page 87-88 of the book talks about CiscoIPPhoneExecute to push the
commands to the phone.

On the last two pages of an addendum found at
http://services.dogma.net/errata.doc, more details are provided for
connecting to streaming port 1.

http://cisco.evolvis.net/ivision/pdfs/Jukka_Nurmi_iVision2003.pdf
provide some background on Cisco's IP Phone Services.  Title is foreign
language, but text is English.

http://www.loligo.com/asterisk/Cisco/79xx/2003-06-20.from-ftpeng.cisco.c
om/CMXML_App_Guide.pdf provides additional program details.