[Asterisk-Users] call center - operators not using phone keys

Miguel Bettencourt Dias (Netopia) mbd at netopia.pt
Mon Aug 25 06:11:21 MST 2003

Hi,

I'm considering setting up a small call centre, but I don't want
operators to need to use their phone keypads. Supposedly, all required
call functions (dialling, answering, transfer, on hold, hang up, etc),
should be done via their scripts (be is a web interface, curses or
whatnot) and not using either a regular phone, nor a gnome-phone type
interface.

Also, all this will be happen in a 100% free MS zone. I think this can
be done, but my experience is limited.

Would this be possible with asterisk ? (more than a confirmation that it
is possible, I was looking for a "I did it this way" kinda of answer)
:-)

Regards,

Miguel Dias