[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream Budgetone Defective Units

Greg Renouf grenouf at well.com
Fri Aug 22 21:24:27 MST 2003

Out of the 8 test Grandstreams we purchased in May- 3 of them are now
totally dead. It looks like power supply problems...

2 of the phones have broken buttons...

And every time I plug them into the network- half of them cause the network
to crash.  It seems that in the network we are testing on (a Dutch
university) does not agree with the Grandstream phones.  When plugged into
the network, they seem to grab the MAC address from the local router and us
it is their own.  This produces total chaos- local pc's get confused and the
network stops working.  Not good.

I told GS about this problem a few months ago- they initially blamed the
problem on the network.  So far, there has been no satisfactory solution.

It seems obvious to me that the GS is not ready for prime time...

-GSR