[Asterisk-Users] Re: ATAs

Roger De Salis roger at desalis.gen.nz
Fri Aug 22 00:47:43 MST 2003

John Todd wrote....

 > For those of you wanting to salvage your Cisco ATA-186 after
 > inadvertent locking, or after recovering your devices from a vendor
 > who has locked them, here is a rainy-day project for you:

 > somedoc.pdf.....

Immediately strides to ATA, rips off cover... woohoo, EEPROM is
socketed.... well maybe I'll just copy the contents of a working
ATA into the programmer, and reflash the locked one, taking care
to change the MAC address and serial number......

 > Please aim your negative karma at Cisco for creating a piece of
 > hardware that can be rendered useless with software.  This is against
 > all previous ideology of Cisco, and is a disturbing trend.
 >
 > JT

Amen to that...

--
  \_    Roger De Salis                   rdesalis at fx dot net dot nz
  </'   FX Networks                      +64 21 481 452