[Asterisk-Users] Conference + time limit

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Aug 21 21:15:58 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 21:24, Chee Foong wrote:
> Hello All,
> Sorry about the html, I always send mail using plain text, not sure why it
> contains html.
> Yes I should patch my outlook :).
>
> My purpose is to limit the conference call  for 1 hour. After that all
> callers involve in the conference will be disconnected.
> AbsoluteTimeOut hangup a particlular channel xx seconds after the caller get
> connected. If I want to make the conference stop at 5pm I can calculate the
> seconds from the time connected to 5pm then set the AbsoluteTimeOut for each
> caller. I will expect few seconds off between the disconnect time of callers
> depend on how fast my machine do the calculation.
>
> Before I start any major scripting(AGI), I want to make sure if there is a
> way I can set the time (not seconds) where a caller will be hangup so I dont
> have to worry about calculating seconds?
>
> Thanks again for the replies.

Ahh, but this is a different problem. If you want the entire conference
to end at a specific time, then you can change your conference max to 0
to eliminate join backs, and then from the manager interface, you can
issue hangups, or call redirects for all participants of the conference.
This is a fairly simple application with access to the perl manager
interface and can be triggered by cron or at to run at a specific time.