[Asterisk-Users] Question on setting up MeetMe conference bridge

Lee Goodman lee.goodman at comcast.net
Thu Aug 21 08:06:16 MST 2003

So I setup the MeetMe application in Asterisk
Assigned an extension to it.

When one of my SIP phone dials the conference extension, they get a message "you are the first one in the conference", so far so good.
When the 2nd SIP phone dials the conference extension, they get a busy signal

Now I know that you have to have a Zapta device to enable conference application. I have an X100P (1 port FXO card). So, do you have to have mulitple Zapata devices to enable multiple users in a conference?
Do I have to enable the zdummy (dummy zapata code) to run a multiuser conference?

Thanks

Lee Goodman

PS, if someone could send an example configuration, that would be great