[Asterisk-Users] Sending dtmf over an ougoing call from asterisk

Manoj K Gupta mgupta at spgsolutions.com
Thu Aug 21 07:50:20 MST 2003

Hi list,
I would like to know of a possible way to dial a  pstn number with an extension .
Let the number is   56626965-234 so now i wanna dial 56636965 then wait for some time and dial the extension 234 to reach a particular person.I am afraid that i could not figure it out.

I am trying in this way..

[outgoing]

exten=>_566X.,1,wait,2
exten=>_566X.,2,Dial(${EXTEN})
exten=>_566X.,3,wait,4  //waiting for 4 secs before dialing the extension
exten=>_566X,4,SendDTMF(234)

but this is not working as i find that when i dial the number then * does not move to next priority 3 until we hangup the dialled number.
So i would be thankful if someone can correct me by providing an alternative or something else.

Rgds
Manoj K Gupta