[Asterisk-Users] Is Asterisk ready for "real" use?

Low, Adam ALow at Prioritytelecom.com
Thu Aug 21 07:07:53 MST 2003

Throwing my 4 cents in as well...

In my opinion the greatest advantage of VoIP based systems is that they are so flexible and extendable. I could never dream of writing a script that would enable me to have my voicemail messages notified to me over SMS (as well as having that message emailed to me) and that's just one small example of the potential of these VoIP open source systems.

The lack of support for handsfree intercom/paging (if there truly is a lack of support) is not due to any limitations of the technology (unlike most PBX's) its typically because nobody has decided to spend time on developing or supporting it yet ...