[Asterisk-Users] Is Asterisk ready for "real" use?

James H. Thompson jht at lj.net
Thu Aug 21 02:26:44 MST 2003

Actually it seems to depend on the brand of RJ-45 jacks.
I used to work in an office that routinely plugged RJ-11s plugged into RJ-45 jacks.  They had tested
various brand RJ-45 jacks and used those that were tolerent of having RJ-11's plugged in.
However, I agree that its in general a bad idea.

Jim

James H. Thompson
jht at lava.net