[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk BoF: Boston, Sept _2[2-4] - interested?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Thu Aug 21 01:52:52 MST 2003

There was some talk on the IRC channel about getting a
convention/conference together for Asterisk users.  While I do not
have the authority (or time) to make such a proposition, I'd like to
see if I can gather some support for a BOF (Birds Of a Feather)
meeting on a somewhat smaller scale and in a shorter timeframe.

The VON (Voice On the Net - http://www.pulver.com/von/) show is in
Boston, from September 22nd through the 25th.  This seems like  a
place where perhaps some Asterisk-inclined people might be
congregating, and it is also fairly reasonably close to large urban
population centers that maybe there will be some indigenous Asterisk
users that might be able to stop by for an evening at a pub somewhere.

I will take it upon myself to find a pub or other meeting place that
is suitable for a group of tech people if there is suitable interest.
Maybe some bar around MIT, but probably something close to the
convention center (Back Bay) area.

Please send me a note off-list if you would be interested in
attending, and if there are any dates between the evening of the 22nd
and the evening of the 24th that are unworkable (the 25th is probably
out of bounds since people will be flying home starting at the end of
the show in the afternoon.)

JT