[Asterisk-Users] VIRUS ALERT

Jamie Carl geek at jazz-inc.net
Wed Aug 20 16:29:48 MST 2003

Hi all,

I have recently received emails containing viruses in the
last day or so.  As most of you should know there have
been a slew of new viruses recently exploiting the Windoze
OS.  Some are Windows XP specific but the one I received
was the W32.Sobig.F at mm worm.

Look at:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sobig.f@mm.html

This worm is includes it's on SMTP transport and sends
itself directly.  I have received this from the following
addresses:

jrshaw at sonnet.com
kas at informatics.muni.cz

both originated from:

adsl-154-48-125.asm.bellsouth.net (68.154.48.125)

If this is your IP address and you have these addresses in
your contact list, you are have a virus.

Tip for the future, do not open attachments from people
you don't know!

Regards,

Jamie Carl
Jazz Inc.