[Asterisk-Users] PRI Question

Barry Porch bporch at watsonconnects.com
Wed Aug 20 10:37:20 MST 2003

My switch doesn't let me set up a loop but I am confident that
everything is OK at the T1 layer.  I can connect via robbed bit to the
Asterisk box with no problem.  Also I can use my T1/PRI tester towards
either systems and it works fine with PRI and I can place and receive
calls.

There seems to be some incompatibility between Mitel's PRI
implementation and Asterisk.  I have tried all supported flavors of PRI
(ni2, dms100, 4ess, 5ess) with the same result.  I have also tried
changing pri_cpe vs pri_net between the 2 machines.  Everything gives me
the same result with the d channel going down and coming back up
constantly.  I have been running on a cvs from about 2 weeks ago so I
also did a cvs update yesterday with no change.

It appears that I may be out of luck connecting the Mitel directly to
the Asterisk box via PRI.  If someone has other experience I'd love to
hear it.

Has anyone else run into PRI implementations that they cannot make work
with Asterisk?

Barry