[Asterisk-Users] Compile problems

Keith Tucker asterisk at kiamichi.net
Tue Aug 19 21:03:16 MST 2003

Hello All,

I am trying to compile Asterisk under RedHat 8.  I downloaded (checked
out) the sources from CVS as described on the Asterisk download page.
When I start to compile Zaptel, soon after compilation starts, it errors
out.  As far as I know I have all the OpenSSL and readline and kernal
development stuff installed.  I usually do a "install everything" when I
install RH Linux on a machine.  I guess my question is, has anybody else
had problems with RH 8 and is there a preferred distro to compile
Asterisk on.  If I am asking questions asked before, please forgive.  I
looked over the users mail list a bit but could find nothing concerning
this.  I am also not much of a software person when it comes to
compiling things, most of my expertise is in hardware.  I am wanting to
use Asterisk to set up a small PBX here @ home and play around with to
learn on.  Also, is there a place that will clue me in to all of the
acronyms used in the docs about Asterisk such as TDM, FXO, etc..  Thanks
a bunch in advance.

Keith Tucker
keith at kiamichi.net