[Asterisk-Users] PrePaid and IVR

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Tue Aug 19 09:03:10 MST 2003

It is not that simple.  First you need a real billing system (no not
RADIUS based), then you need some sort of calling card application (AGI
works, but the Asterisk C API is much better), then you are going to
need some sort of luser friendly GUI to admin and manage your calling
card accounts.

The calling card application itself is cake, the GUI isn't trivial, but
not very complicated. The hard part is the billing system. Most billing
platforms out there are nothing but hacks and kludges (Yes even SysMaster)

Jeremy McNamara