[Asterisk-Users] PRI Question

Barry Porch bporch at watsonconnects.com
Mon Aug 18 12:19:24 MST 2003

I managed to get Asterisk working with my PBX using T1, now I am moving
on to trying to make PRI work.

I have my zaptel.conf and zapata.conf configured as follows:

Zaptel.conf:

span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
bchan=1-23
dchan=24
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

Zapata.conf:

[channels]
transfer=yes
immediate=yes
callprogress=yes

language=en
context=default
switchtype=national
signalling=pri_net
group=1
channel=1-23

I have a PRI port provisioned off my PBX to work with the above
settings.  When I start up Asterisk everything seems to come up (my PBX
"sees" a D-channel) but I get constant output as follows:

== D-Channel on span 1 up

B-channel 2 restarted on span 1

B-channel 3 restarted on span 1

B-channel 4 restarted on span 1

B-channel 5 restarted on span 1

B-channel 6 restarted on span 1

B-channel 7 restarted on span 1

B-channel 8 restarted on span 1

B-channel 9 restarted on span 1

B-channel 10 restarted on span 1

B-channel 11 restarted on span 1

B-channel 12 restarted on span 1

B-channel 13 restarted on span 1

B-channel 14 restarted on span 1

B-channel 16 restarted on span 1

D-Channel on span 1 down

D-Channel on span 1 up

B-channel 2 successfully restarted on span 1

B-channel 3 successfully restarted on span 1

B-channel 4 successfully restarted on span 1

B-channel 5 successfully restarted on span 1

.... And so forth with the D-channel going up and down and various
channels "successfully restarting" but inbound calls do not work.

I have tried changing the PRI protocol, I have swapped the CPE and NET
settings between the PBX and Asterisk and every combination gives me
this same result.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!