[Asterisk-Users] Twisted Idea

Troy Settle troy at psknet.com
Thu Aug 14 10:29:11 MST 2003

Ok, this is probably an incomplete thought, but over the last few weeks of
reading this list, I think I'm ready to start designing my system, and would
like to solicit input.

Currently, I have 2 POPs, one each in 2 different states.  Each has a Lucent
TNT w/~400 trunks.  Each TNT has the capability to provision a PRI that can
be piped into an * system.

So, my interface to the PSTN is complete.

Now, in my office, I'd like a 3rd * system that's tied into my existing key
systme (Lucent Partner).

What I'm thinking, is that the * system would handle AA, IVR, and VM
applications, transfering calls either into the general pool (via FXS ports
to the CO ports on the Partner), or directly dialing an extension via an FXO
port.  Of course, I'd also end up with a few VOIP extensions as well.

Does this sound like a feasable plan?  Aside from eliminating the partner
system (which isn't really an option), is there anything I'm missing?

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks