[Asterisk-Users] Running Asterisk behind NAT?

wasim at convergence.com.pk wasim at convergence.com.pk
Mon Aug 11 21:35:57 MST 2003

Yes, you can run Asterisk behind a NAT.
NO, you CAN'T (reliably, easily) run SIP behind a NAT.
For FWD think about using their behindnat and fwdproxy addresses.
Maybe a STUN would help. Also, test your setup infront of NAT also, make
sure they work, before you head behind a NAT.

--
wasim

This mail is confidential & intended solely for the use of the addressee.