[Asterisk-Users] Open G.729A codec

Matthew Hardeman mhast at papersoft.com
Tue Aug 12 18:57:32 MST 2003

If I had to venture a guess, I would say that the protection scheme is in
place in the hopes that everyone will use their implementation rather than
reinvent the wheel.  If this is indeed the case, their protection scheme is
useful in helping to protect the patent license as well as their code.  So
far, it would seem, no one has bothered to reinvent the wheel, and as such
we're stuck using their implementation.

Matt Hardeman
PaperSoft