[Asterisk-Users] usrobotics modem and pstn

Jamie Carl geek at jazz-inc.net
Tue Aug 12 16:21:05 MST 2003

Rewrite the modem driver so it support full-duplex audio,
because currently it doesn't.  :)

Basically, to get a modem working u need to setup
/etc/asterisk/modem.conf.  It's all pretty self
explanitory given the comments therein.

But like I sed, even if you get it working, you'll only
get one-way voice because it's not full-duplex.  (Unless
this has been fixed since I tried it last).

Get an X100p.  They're cheap and work like 1000 times
better than a modem.