[Asterisk-Users] Call Transfer problem

John Fortman john at compandsoft.com
Tue Aug 12 14:01:23 MST 2003

For testing purposes, my dial line is:
    Dial(${ARG2},20,tT)

When I call from one machine through asterisk to another, I can press # from either side and hear "Transfer."
However, from the caller side I can continue on and put people on hold by dialing '700'.

>From the callee side, I can press # but if I try to dial an extension I hear "I'm sorry.  That is not a valid extension.  Please try again."  Asterisk displays a message "Unable to find extension '7' in context ' ' "

What this tells me is that if a VOIP client picks up a line that has been Dial()ed from asterisk, that client is not given a context and, therefore, cannot dial extensions.  How can this be fixed?  Have I messed up the setup somehow?  If so, can anyone give me a working example?

John.