[Asterisk-Users] Xten-Lite and Asterisk.

Steve Lane steve_lane at charter.net
Tue Aug 12 07:43:32 MST 2003

Can I use the Xten-Lite with Asterisk? I am experimenting with a total
soft solution for a carrier that uses the Vocal Data platform (Hosted
PBX). I would also like to know how I could use asterisk to connect the
carrier without using any gateways. I would like to do something that
Avaya has already done, IP trunking.
            What I want to accomplish is having the carriers gateway
connecting to asterisk with say 4 agents hitting asterisk. Asterisk is
behind a firewall and all internal extensions can dial each other and
dial a 9 to connect to the carrier's gateway. The carrier I using SIP.
Can anyone guide me along to accomplish this? I am trying to prove a
point to the carrier's owner. Thanks in advance.

Steve Lane
Vision Communications