[Asterisk-Users] Ring while on phone

Jim Friedeck asterisk at carhil.com
Mon Aug 11 09:19:04 MST 2003

Our CSR people need to be informed when a call is ringing in when they
are on the phone. Is there a mechanism for informing an off-hook target
channel of an incoming call? We have a guy who should get first shot at
all incoming calls on our local lines and our customer service line. If
he is on the phone, he should get beeped and then be able to place the
current call on hold to answer the other calls, possibly 'parking' them
for other people, transferring them, or answering their questions
quickly. If these calls are not answered in a small amount of time they
should go to the next CSR in line. Is this scenario possible? I'm not
currently a 'phone guy' so I apologize for any incorrect terminology.

Thanks

Jim Friedeck