[Asterisk-Users] Outdial digits - non TDM trunk

Roger De Salis roger at desalis.gen.nz
Sun Aug 10 23:11:57 MST 2003

I have successfully built and made asterisk talk SIP extension
to SIP extension, read all the docs, and about 1000 emails from
the archive.

The trunk side of Asterisk, from the docs perspective, is a
smidgin TDM-centric, Analogue, T1, zaptel.conf etc.....

Asterisk cares not about the externally presented digits
as the telco KNOWS which time-slot or analogue line the
call came from

I live in an hybrid H323 IP trunk world, and when dialing out,
I see the dialled digits in the (non-asterisk) H323 debug traces
along the with the 4 digit extension code as the src digits.

How do you prepend the remainder of the number to the src digits?

           extension = 2201    external view 460 899 2201

Or do I need to make up two extension values, and only use one
internally, and the other externally......

Ta muchly
--
  \_    Roger De Salis                   rdesalis at fx dot net dot nz
  </'   FX Networks                      +64 21 481 452