[Asterisk-Users] list proposal

Steve Meyers steve-asterisk at spamwiz.com
Sun Aug 10 20:51:32 MST 2003

On Sun, 2003-08-10 at 21:31, Steven Critchfield wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-08-10 at 21:25, Andy Hester wrote:
> > Perhaps there is another way to cut down on increased traffic...
> >
> > Specifically, I would go back to the suggestion of a collaborative website
> > for documentation.  Collecting info and organizing into Howto's would reduce
> > the number of times people ask the same questions.  Also, the documentation
> > could grow as quickly as the project.  Unfortunately, I don't have a place
> > to host it currently.  Ideally, the list would just be for issues that
> > aren't already addressed.  Any one else interested in this?
>
> While it still needs to be done, the majority of those type questions
> will still happen as the newest users still don't use google until told
> to do so.

I don't buy that.  I think that people are much more likely to check out
documentation linked to directly on the site than they are to utilize
Dr. Google's resources.  Even if you google, the results can be
confusing.  Also, some people aren't quite sure what question they need
to ask, and some entry-level documentation would help that.

Steve