[Asterisk-Users] Does Wildcard x100p support BT Caller ID in UK?

Iain Stevenson iain at iainstevenson.com
Sun Aug 10 03:08:28 MST 2003

The chipset used in the X100P - at least the one I have - is designed for
the US/Japan market only.  The reference design in the datasheet for the
chipset does not include facilities for the detection of line voltage
reversal.  Hence the only way to detect caller ID sent before ringing would
be to constantly scan for it - wasteful in processor resources.

There is another chipset in the same family that supports full
international operation.  The datasheet for this describes a procedure for
detecting line voltage reversals and capturing caller ID.  I guess we need
Digium to look into an international version of the X100P based on this
chipset.

  Iain

--On Saturday, August 09, 2003 19:39:07 +0200 Andy Powell