[Asterisk-Users] Inbound SIP DTMF detection

Jamie Neil jamie at versado.net
Sat Aug 9 15:32:18 MST 2003

Quoting Paul Cheng:
> Hi,
>
> We have our * box configured to receive inbound SIP calls from FWD and
> enter into an autoattendant where someone can enter an extension
> directly.
>
> However, the inbound DTMF is not being correctly detected in most
> cases. Entering 8050 results in a correct detection, but enter 9003
> results in only 90 being detected. Entering 700 results in 70 being
> detected. 799=79, etc.
>
> It appears that repeated digits do not get detected. 8750 works, but
> 999 results in only 9 being detected.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this problem? We are using X-lite as the
> client on the FWD side to test.

This is a problem that we have had with X-Lite which I heard was due to the
RFC2833 DTMF frames not being correctly formatted (I may be wrong on this -
I am not a SIP authority by any means).

In-band detection works ok, but then you are limited to G711.

I sent a packet trace (as requested) to someone at Xten demonstrating the
problem, but have heard nothing since. I read somewhere that they had fixed
this on the latest build (1050), however that's the one I've been having the
problems with!

Jamie