[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail2 - auto fill the dialing extension?

Adams, Gavin gadams at promisant.com
Fri Aug 8 11:37:54 MST 2003

Hi,

First off, a big thanks to Digium (Mark, John, and Martin) for helping
sort out a BellSouth config issue on our PRI. T100P working like a
champ!

Now it's back to tweaking the configuration on our SIP phones (7960s).
The message_uri parameter in the phone's configuration file is working
great. Dials comedian mail directly. Is there a way to let voicemail2
know what the incoming extension is, and use it?

On our current handsets, the voice mail button goes directly to the
password prompt. And if you dial in and get voice mail, # sends you to
the "please enter voice mail box please..." (Siemens HiCom).

Not a must-have feature, but something I'd like to use myself and for
our office.

Also, we decided to go with actual extension numbers on the phones
instead of usernames per extension. On the Cisco phones, is there a way
to change the name/number on the top line (white text on black) to the
user's name, while having the extension number next to each presentation
(line1, line2, etc)?

Thanks, * is a rocking and rolling!

Regards,

--- Gavin