[Asterisk-Users] Does Wildcard x100p support BT Caller ID in UK?

Armand A. Verstappen armand at nl.envida.net
Thu Aug 7 16:28:13 MST 2003

Hi Martin,

On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 00:16, Martin Stubbs wrote:
> Unfortunately the present x100p driver code will not decode the callerid for 2
> reasons
>
> 1) the UK protocol is different to the US system.
> I have downloaded the specs and coding it would not be too difficult.

Maybe you could open a bug for it, and attach the specs / a link to
those specs? Also, I suggest you reply to this message:

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2003-August/017459.html

> 2) in the US the callerid is sent between the first and second rings. In the
> UK the callerid is sent before the first ring.

Same in the Netherlands.

> I have been unable to determine if we can get a zaptel event when a line
> reversal is received which happens before the UK callerid is sent. Without
> this function or continuously monitoring the line for the tones we don't know
> when to enter the callerid routine.

I've been looking for an answer to that too, for quite some time.

(http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_advanced_page.php?bug_id=9)

wkr,

--
Envida                     http://www.envida.net/
Armand A. Verstappen       Graadt van Roggenweg 328