[Asterisk-Users] Does Wildcard x100p support BT Caller ID in UK?

Martin Stubbs martin at mstubbs.co.uk
Thu Aug 7 15:16:23 MST 2003

Hi Dave,

On Tuesday 05 August 2003 13:53, Dave Wilson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I can't seem to find any info on this anywhere on the web, except that BT
> caller ID doesnt use the standard bellcore system in use in the US. So, if
> anyone here in the UK is onlist and using the x100p successfully, please
> let me know.

Unfortunately the present x100p driver code will not decode the callerid for 2
reasons

1) the UK protocol is different to the US system.
I have downloaded the specs and coding it would not be too difficult.

2) in the US the callerid is sent between the first and second rings. In the
UK the callerid is sent before the first ring.
I have been unable to determine if we can get a zaptel event when a line
reversal is received which happens before the UK callerid is sent. Without
this function or continuously monitoring the line for the tones we don't know
when to enter the callerid routine.

Apart from the callerid the x100p works well in the UK but without callerid I
can't implement lots of things I would like to do.

Martin