[Asterisk-Users] Ansering machine/voicemail detect?

Andy Powell andy at beagles-den.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 7 12:24:20 MST 2003

Garry,

yes this is possible although it would end up being quite convoluted.

Essentially you could have a cron job that monitors your voicemail directory, or use the perl manager interface to check the status. Once it has been established that you have message(s) submit a .call file to dial you office number, and start an AGI script. In the AGI you ask for your pin number and time out (and hang up) if there is no response. If there is a correct response then you could playback the files. You'd need to move them to the OLD directory afterwards.

Alternatively, someone has written app_hasvoicemail which checks a vm box for messages and acts on that...

Andy