[Asterisk-Users] Ansering machine/voicemail detect?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Aug 7 10:41:20 MST 2003

Please learn to start new thread properly.

On Thu, 2003-08-07 at 12:17, Garry Adkins wrote:
> I've been playing with an asterisk box for about 6 months, (bought an
> FXO card, etc.)...
>
> I was thinking about having the system "deliver" my voicemail from the
> asterisk machine to me at work...  I haven't found anything in the
> documentation to help.
>

> It would work something like:
>

> Voicemail comes into the asterisk machine,
> * Calls me at work
> Plays message for me to enter PIN for voicemail
> Retrieve Voicemail
> Hangup.
>

> However, if it got my voicemail at work (due to being on the phone or
> out of the office), I'd like it to do something like:
> Voicemail in *
> * Calls me at work
> Notices that it's voicemail (Possibly due to no pause at the
> beginning, just continuous talking?)
> Just plays a message that I have voicemail at home.
> Hangs up.

Fairly easy, write an app that watches over your INBOX every so often
and then drops a /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing call in there to call you
at work with your mailbox specified. The only tricky part here is
knowing you have sent the call and not try and do it again just because
you haven't listened to it yet.

Of course you could just get an email copy of the file. Makes this a lot
easier to deal with now doesn't it?

> Possible?  How could it tell that it got an answering device?

currently it doesn't