[Asterisk-Users] FWD-gateway prefix

Armand A. Verstappen armand at nl.envida.net
Thu Aug 7 09:02:22 MST 2003

Hi,

On Thu, 2003-08-07 at 14:23, The Traveller wrote:
> The correct way to dial Dutch toll-free numbers using the gateway-prefix is:
>
> 1010-666-0800-<rest of number>
>
> I haven't tried the "*31(800)..." they mention on their site yet, but
> I don't have special provisioning on the gateway for it and the first
> time I heared about it, was in their newsletter.  They're either using
> a different gateway for it, or re-write the number to use the prefix
> internally.

Well, they both work for the long 0800 numbers. I haven't tried 0402,
don't even know what that number is for. I tried 8051 ('postbus 51'),
because it get's me into an IVR after hours, and I don't annoy anyone in
my tests.

> I'm currently only allowing "0800-0101" (KPN calling-card and
> collect-calls, IVR-system) of the short "0800"-numbers, as some of
> them are service-numbers, tied to the phone-line calling them, on which
> you can change service, request accumulated charges, etc. for the
> line from which you're calling, without any other authentication.  Not
> a good thing to allow anyone to access for our lines.  :-)  I might
> have a closer look at it in the future and allow the non-service
> short numbers only.

Ah, well, that explains it. Thanks for enlightening me!

cheers,

--
Envida                     http://www.envida.net/
Armand A. Verstappen       Graadt van Roggenweg 328