[Asterisk-Users] FWD-gateway prefix

The Traveller traveler at xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 7 05:23:36 MST 2003

Hey Chris,

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 04:12:57 +0200, Chris Wetemans wrote:

> [...]

The correct way to dial Dutch toll-free numbers using the gateway-prefix is:

1010-666-0800-<rest of number>

I haven't tried the "*31(800)..." they mention on their site yet, but
I don't have special provisioning on the gateway for it and the first
time I heared about it, was in their newsletter.  They're either using
a different gateway for it, or re-write the number to use the prefix
internally.

I'm currently only allowing "0800-0101" (KPN calling-card and
collect-calls, IVR-system) of the short "0800"-numbers, as some of
them are service-numbers, tied to the phone-line calling them, on which
you can change service, request accumulated charges, etc. for the
line from which you're calling, without any other authentication.  Not
a good thing to allow anyone to access for our lines.  :-)  I might
have a closer look at it in the future and allow the non-service
short numbers only.

All long numbers (0800-XXXXXXX) are allowed through the gateway.

> On the FWD website it says you can dial 31-800-0402 directly , but that
> doesn't work either

"0800-0402" has never worked through the XS4ALL-gateway.
Where on their site did you read that this number should work?
Maybe it was on one of their forums and they didn't write it
themselves?  Otherwise, you should mail them about the error on
their site.

BTW: The PSTN access-number on their site is also incorrect.  It
should be "+31 20 3987567".  Although the old number they mention
still works, it only has limited capacity and will probably be taken
out of service at some point.  "www.gnophone.com" also still mentions the
old number.

Furthermore, they mention you have to dial "170099<number>" through it
to reach FWD-numbers.  At the moment, you can dial any FWD-number
directly, which eliminates the extra hop in the call, as it won't have
to go through IAXTel.

    Grtz,

       Oliver