[Asterisk-Users] New SIP Phone

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Wed Aug 6 14:42:29 MST 2003

At 2:29 PM -0700 8/6/03, Steve Haehnichen wrote:

>-=> On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 14:18:00 -0700, John Todd <jtodd at loligo.com> said:
>
>>  There was nothing in the FAQ that really referenced anything about
>>  using the phone with other systems other than the IPTel-powered
>>  platform that they apparently are using.
>
>You might have missed this FAQ entry:
>
>Q: I already own a SIP phone and I would like to use your SIPphone
>directory service. What should I do?
>
>A: First, you need to sign up with our service at SIPphone Sign
>Up. These are the settings that you will want to use:
>
>SIP Server: proxy01.sipphone.com (130.94.123.252)
>STUN Server: stun01.sipphone.com (69.0.208.27)
>NTP Server: ntp01.sipphone.com
>TFTP Server: tftp01.sipphone.com (130.94.123.253)
>
>Currently the SIPphone directory service has only been tested with the
>Grandstream BudgeTone 100 phone. Please check back for further updates
>on "SIPphone friendly" SIP phones.
>

>Here is a picture of the Grandstream phone:
>   http://www.grandstream.com/y-product.htm
>
>It was my first guess anyway, since it's one of the few one-piece
>phones out there, and certainly the cheapest.
>
>-Steve

Are they selling the Grandstream?  They don't seem to actually say
that; they only say that the Grandstream is the only phone they
tested (other than their own system? not clear.)

I did see the references to the SIP proxies they are using, and in
fact I'm almost done setting up my own system to route 1747XXXXXXX
numbers in that direction.

JT