[Asterisk-Users] New SIP Phone

Steve Haehnichen s-asterisk at trix.com
Wed Aug 6 14:29:38 MST 2003

-=> On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 14:18:00 -0700, John Todd <jtodd at loligo.com> said:

> There was nothing in the FAQ that really referenced anything about
> using the phone with other systems other than the IPTel-powered
> platform that they apparently are using.

You might have missed this FAQ entry:

Q: I already own a SIP phone and I would like to use your SIPphone
directory service. What should I do?

A: First, you need to sign up with our service at SIPphone Sign
Up. These are the settings that you will want to use:

SIP Server: proxy01.sipphone.com (130.94.123.252)
STUN Server: stun01.sipphone.com (69.0.208.27)
NTP Server: ntp01.sipphone.com
TFTP Server: tftp01.sipphone.com (130.94.123.253)

Currently the SIPphone directory service has only been tested with the
Grandstream BudgeTone 100 phone. Please check back for further updates
on "SIPphone friendly" SIP phones.

Here is a picture of the Grandstream phone:
  http://www.grandstream.com/y-product.htm

It was my first guess anyway, since it's one of the few one-piece
phones out there, and certainly the cheapest.

-Steve