[Asterisk-Users] Vonage ATA 186 Factory Default & use with Asterisk ?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Wed Aug 6 13:07:36 MST 2003

>I've canceled my Vonage service because of the requirement to prefix
>every call with a 1.

As a side note, this doesn't sound like an overwhelming obstacle.  In
fact, it sounds like a good ide.

>Vonage has charged me $42 & will refund this when they get my ATA186
>back.  I'm thinking I should keep the 186 for possible use with
>Asterisk.
>
>Anyone know if this will work out?
>
>As I understand it, the procedure to set the ATA186 back to factory
>defaults is as follows:
>Press the function button on the Cisco ATA.
>Press the digits 322873738 (FACTRESET) then # on your telephone keypad.
>Press 3 on your telephone keypad to confirm ATA reset & hang up phone
>
>TIA

Chances are good that this will not work if you're using 2.16 of the
operating system, since that version (and higher) can be locked such
that the factory reset trick will not work.

http://www.loligo.com/asterisk/cisco/ATA-186-guide.v20030628.txt

JT