[Asterisk-Users] usable/affordable usb phone?

Thilo Salmon salmon at netzquadrat.de
Tue Aug 5 02:40:28 MST 2003

What would you suggest for a usb phone? I'm thinking a real phone - not
an adapter. The kind of thing which is small enough so you can take it
on a trip to place VoIP calls from your laptop. Something that ties into
asterisk on linux and (more importantly to be honest) a softphone on XP
or even its own client.

Browsing the web I found that most places either sell them by the
truckload or with a service contract attached. TigerJet, Clarisys and
Quicknet phones were the only ones I could find with the latter not
getting the best grades on this list.

Is Digium planning to offer usb handsets in the future? Who has
experiences with either the TigerJet oder Clarisys design? Who knows
another manufacturer?

Thilo