[Asterisk-Users] Using OH323 and Gatekeeper

Langley, Sean Sean.Langley at gdcanada.com
Fri Aug 1 15:46:40 MST 2003

Hello all,

Please forgive me if this sounds a little (or a lot) ignorant as I am very
new to asterisk.

Right now I have two pc's connected back to back through an E100 card
running asterisk.  I have openh323 running as well and I am able to route
calls through the E1 line.  Next up I would like to be able to register
asterisk with a gatekeeper.  On another computer is running openGK.  Using
the gatekeeper I am able to register my h323 client with a phone number, it
all seems to be working.

When I put the ip address of the gatekeeper into h323.conf, asterisk failed
to load.  I get an error that I can't open an h323 listener on port 1720.

Has anyone done this before?  Your help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Sean Langley, P.Eng
Firmware Engineer
General Dynamics Canada