[Asterisk-Users] Seting up TDM40B

James Sharp jsharp at psychoses.org
Fri Aug 1 13:56:13 MST 2003

> On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 15:25:49 -0500
> "McAughan, Matt" <MMcAughan at synhrgy.com> wrote:
>
>> Have you setup the zaptel.conf and zapata.conf configuration files for
>> >how
>> ever many ports you have on the card and then run the ztcfg -vvvc
>> >command?
>>

> 	Since the module aren't loaded, config zaptel.conf, zapata.conf and run
> ztcfg will not work, right?

The modules are loading.  Its just that the post-install ztcfg is erroring
out.

> my conf files:
> ===========
> zaptel.conf
> ===========
> fxsls=1-4

This is why.  FXS cards use FXO signalling & vice versa.  change this to
fxols=1-4

> loadzone = us
> defaultzone=us
>

> ===========
> zapata.conf
> ===========
> callwaiting=yes
> callwaitingcallerid=yes
> threewaycalling=yes
> transfer=yes
> cancallforward=yes
> echocancel=yes
> echocancelwhenbridged=no
> rxgain=0.0
> txgain=0.0
> group=1
> immediate=no
> context=pstn
> signalling=fxs_ks

This also needs to be changed to fxo.  You've got a mismatch here as well.
zaptel.conf is set to use loop-start signalling & zapata.conf is expecting
kewl-start signalling.  I'd recommend changing zaptel.conf to fxoks and
changing zapata.conf to signalling=fxo_ks