[Asterisk-Users] first few seconds of greeting cut-off

Michael Rose asterisk at ebctech.com
Wed Apr 30 10:47:51 MST 2003

When a person calls into the Asterisk voicemail or auto attendant, the first
second or two are cut-off. This happens with custom prompts I have created
(with or without 1 or 2 second delays) and with the default prompts that
come with Asterisk.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

I'm running the current CVS. My default menu config is:

[mainmenu]
;
; We start with what to do when a call first comes in.
;
exten => s,1,Wait,1                     ; Wait a second, just for fun
exten => s,2,Answer                     ; Answer the line
exten => s,3,DigitTimeout,5             ; Set Digit Timeout to 5 seconds
exten => s,4,ResponseTimeout,10         ; Set Response Timeout to 10 seconds
exten => s,5,BackGround(ebcgreet)       ; Play the EBC Greeting
exten => 9,1,Goto(companydir,s,1)
;
; end [mainmenu]
;