[Asterisk-Users] Codecs

Lenny Post lpost at qlccom.com
Wed Apr 30 09:29:38 MST 2003

I know that Digium has a deal in place with Voiceage to supply the G.729 codec per DS0 basis.  Is there any chance that G.723 will be supported in a similar way?  I've been "playing" with the G.723 code that comes with asterisk (for development purposes only) and have not been too impressesed with the voice quality (there is a definite "beating" with the decoded voice stream on the TDM side of the conversation).

I'm hoping a Voiceage codec would be better optimized and tuned for x86 running on Linux.

As a side note, I'm using X-lite as a client on my PC --> Asterisk X100P --> PSTN

Thanks.

Lenny
Quick Link Communications Ltd.
http://www.qlccom.com