[Asterisk-Users] LineJACK Compatability

Dave Packham dave.packham at utah.edu
Mon Apr 28 18:36:58 MST 2003

As an owner of the now dust collecting $200 Linejack card I would like
to throw my vote up for the website to be updated.  At the time of
starting the journey to * I noticed that the supported Linejack was
listed.  I got a pair to test with several softpbx's only to find out
that it only works inbound.  I think that if the Digium website
mentioned this fact they might get more buyers of the 100p line instead
of people out the $200 they would have spent on Digium hardware.  dont
get me wrong I have both sets of cards and plan to buy many more digium
cards and am very happy with * and the digium hardware.  only because my
work paid the $'s for the linejack cards and the Digium cards so I am
personally out nothing (cept budget $'s)  if this were a personal buy I
would not have been able to buy the second set..... the ones that worked
with *.  I would have had to switch to another softpbx of lower
quility/functionality just to get my cards to work

Just my 2c

Dave

At 06:18 PM 4/28/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>It would be nice if Digium updated the hardware compatibility list on
>asteriskpbx.org to indicate that the LineJACK can't be used for dialing
>out.  I've seen several people on IRC be burned by not knowing this.

I've offered in the past to create some sort of online bulletin board
where
people could list any telephony hardware and the up to date status of
its
support in asterisk, and what real world comments they can offer on its
performance. No one seemed interested though. I know I can't keep track
of
all the voip hardware that is being discussed on the list lately. We not

only need reports of "specs indicate this and that so likely to work",
but
if someone decides to take one for the team and tries it let the rest of
us
know how it worked.

Information such as price and where purchased would be real helpful as
well. ADSI phones comes to mind here especially since where you get them

really matters.